Minor in French
FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN THE MINOR PRIOR DECEMBER 30, 2020
Our minor offers an alternative to those who may not be able to double major but who would like to develop their studies in French.
To pursue a minor, you must have completed French 6 or the equivalent and take ONE of the following lower-division courses:
- Introduction to Literary Analysis (French 12);
- French Culture and Civilization (French 14 or 14W);
- Society and Self in Early Modern France (French 16);
- French Cinema and Culture (French 41);
- or French and Francophone Novel (French 60).
You are also asked to select ONE course from our advanced composition series (French 100 or 101).
Finally, you will choose four courses from our upper-division offerings in language, culture, criticism, history or literature. The minor consists of a total of five upper division courses. 20 units of courses should be exclusively dedicated to the Minor.
*Please be aware that program requirements are subject to change. For the most up-to-date and official program information, please visit the UCLA General Catalog.