Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX)
The Congress-Bundestag Youth Exchange for Young Professionals (CBYX) is a yearlong fellowship to study and work in Germany. CBYX is open to applicants in all fields, through preference is given to students in STEM fields, agriculture, business, and vocational fields. Students traditionally underrepresented in the study abroad opportunities are especially encouraged to apply.
The fellowship is funded by the US and German governments through a grant provided by the US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs, under the authority of the Fulbright-Hays Act of 1961, as amended.
The CBYX program annually provides 75 participants with:
- 2 months intensive German language training
- 1 semester of study at a German university or university of applied sciences
- 5-month internship with a German company in the participant’s career field
- Transatlantic airfare, health insurance, and monthly living expense stipends
Prior German language knowledge is not required, though it is preferred. Applicants should have clear career goals and some relevant work experience in their career field, which may include summer, part-time, or internship work. Participants must be between the ages of 18-24, possess a high school diploma or equivalent, and be US citizens or permanent residents.
- Online application form, submitted via the Cultural Vistas website
- Copy of official transcript, showing at least the last two years of study
- Proof of US citizenship or permanent resident status: passport or birth certificate
- High school diploma or proof of high school graduation
Hard Copy Portion:
- Letter of recommendation from a current or recent professor (signed, on school letterhead); an original must be sent to Cultural Vistas in New York
- Letter of recommendation from a current or former employer (signed, on company letterhead); an original must be sent to Cultural Vistas in New York
December of every year. Please check the website for details.